Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: Portions

I finally lost a little bit of weight! It's been a couple weeks since I checked in here with my weight, and that's because the number on the scale was just NOT budging. But I made a few changes and I have lost 2 pounds since I last weighed in.

LBS Lost So Far: 14
LBS Left To Lose: 13
I knew I was eating the right kinds of foods. Lots of produce, healthy fats, lean protein, whole grains, and the occasional treat. But I haven't been losing weight and it's been frustrating. I decided that maybe I was just eating too much of a good thing. So I started using MyFitnessPal to track my calories and macros. And it has been very interesting! I definitely don't see myself counting calories long term, but to lose this baby weight, I see it as a useful tool.

I took a class in college where we had to record everything we ate over the course of a few days. We then analyzed the vitamin/nutrient/macro content. I remember being so fascinated by it all. MyFitnessPal is similar. I enter in what I eat and it not only tells me how many calories I have left for the day, but it also breaks down my food by fat/carb/protein. I can see if I've hit my daily calcium or fiber goals, among other things. I love it! Maybe I should have been a nutritionist or something like that.

So that's my latest weight loss update. Going forward I will only update if I have lost weight, since there isn't much to say otherwise. Our neighbor's fig tree hangs over our fence and I picked a few dozen figs this week, so I plan on making a fig cake today. I will definitely be hitting my sugar goal for today! HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment