Thursday, August 17, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: Dinner Recap

I didn't exactly lose any weight this week (well, half a pound), but I thought I'd share some of our dinners from this week.

Chicken Tenders, Roasted Veggies, Gnocchi
I cut up some chicken breasts and coated them with some panko and a few spices. I roasted them along with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini. I've been roasting a lot of veggies lately and I especially love asparagus and tomatoes together.

I had a package of gnocchi that had been in our pantry for a long time. So I finally cooked them and made a quick little cheese sauce to mix in. It was just ok.

Burgers and Salad

Burgers on the grill! These were SunFed Ranch Burgers, which is a grass fed beef company owned by my friend's brother. I have been seeing more and more of their products at Costco, so I try to support them when I can. I ate mine bun-less, with a salad and a pickle on the side.
 Ryan wanted you all to see his dinner. He LOVES burger night!
Breakfast For Dinner
I cooked some bacon and then scrambled eggs in some of the leftover bacon fat. Yum! We also had strawberries and these Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes. They were SO good! They tasted exactly like oatmeal cookies to me. Next time I'll cut down on the sugar since they were pretty sweet. Ryan and Jenna loved them!

Turkey Meatloaf, Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli
On this night I made a tiny little meatloaf using this recipe called Honey Barbeque Meatloaf. I used turkey instead of beef, and only made half the recipe. It was sweet and had a great BBQ flavor.
For Ryan, the star of dinner were these potatoes. He has SLOWLY been warming up to potatoes over the last 6 years. He'll eat French fries, so I've been roasting potato wedges in a slightly thicker size. Still kind of like a fry but closer to a potato, if that makes sense? He loved these and ate a ton. Steamed Broccoli on the side.

Chicken Fajitas, Watermelon

This is my go-to recipe for fajitas. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/flavorful-chicken-fajitas
Every time I make them they come out perfectly.

I ate mine over a salad topped with a little cheese and Wholly Guacamole's Avocado Verde. Watermelon on the side!

Baked Ziti, Garlic Bread, Broccoli

I'm still on the hunt for a good ziti recipe. This one didn't seem to have enough ricotta in it. We are trying to find one that tastes like the ziti from Sbarro. Any good recipes you can share? On the side I made a little steamed broccoli and garlic bread.
And there you go....some of our dinners from this past week. Hopefully I will lose more than half a pound this week!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love how you always have so much variety. I'm still terrible at meal planning. I do so much on the fly. These posts inspire me because if you (a mother of FOUR!) can do it, so can I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your defense, you've got major obstacles to overcome in feeding your family foods they can tolerate! Happy to inspire your cooking!

    ReplyDelete