Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Kindergarten and Second Grade

Our 2017-18 school year began this morning! Getting the boys to school was pretty easy. No tears or tantrums!
Ryan was not terribly excited about going back to school. He just doesn't like it. Plus, his best buddy is not in his class this year. So Ryan was kind of nervous this morning.
Lucas was both excited and nervous.
He said he didn't want to go to Kindergarten, but I'm hoping he was just being influenced by his older brother's attitude towards school.
 We dropped Ryan off at his class first. Someone was feeling too cool for school!
 I left Ryan in front of his class and took Lucas over to the Kindergarten area. He was ready!
He got in line without a problem. Gave me one last smile and walked into his class without a backward glance. I'm really proud of him!
I ran back over to Ryan's class to give him one last goodbye, but he was already at his desk. I really hope he enjoys the second grade and learns to like school this year.
It's very strange at home with just two kids. On the one hand, I feel like I've already gotten more done this morning than I did the entire summer. On the other hand, I do have a 2 yr old and a baby, so it's not like I'm on vacation. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment