Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Andrew: 6 Months

Happy 6 Month Birthday baby Drew! Your half birthday was actually yesterday but I had it in my head that it was today because today was your well check with the doctor. Oh well, Happy Birthday!
You are a happy baby, and you absolutely love when people give you attention and talk/sing to you. I think you are going to be a people person! You need a lot of attention. However, you can get mad and upset really easily. Hungry or tired? You will sure let us know! Your crying gets really loud, especially in the evening when you are overly tired.
Speaking of being tired....I'm tired! And so are you. You just are NOT a good sleeper. And I think it's the fault of both of us. You tend to be a very light sleeper and like clockwork, you wake up after taking a 20 minute nap. However, I haven't exactly worked hard at establishing a good sleep routine for you since you don't have your own room. I'm going to have Adam set up the crib in our room and start getting serious about putting you in it for naps.
You started solid foods this month! So far you have had sweet potatoes, peas, peaches, brown rice, carrots, pears, and plums. Oh and you loved sucking on my watermelon slice the other day!
Here are your 6-month growth stats from your doctor visit today:

Weight: 16 lbs, 4 oz (25%)
Height: 26.75 inches (55%)
Head: 17.25 inches (64%)

Interestingly, you are almost the exact same size as your brother Ryan was at this age. I guess it makes sense since you were both 8 lbs, 6 oz at birth. Maybe you will be a little guy like your big brothers.
You can sit up well with support. But still no real scooting!
I feel like you've been teething forever, and yet I see no signs of teeth.
Oh the drool!
Nursing is still going really well, and I am thankful for that. If only you didn't want to nurse all night.
We love you so much my little blondy boy! Daddy calls you Drewsky-Man and Lucas always calls you "Baby Dude!".
Happy Half Birthday Andrew!


(Jenna decided you needed some spaghetti during your photo shoot)

No comments:

Post a Comment