Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: Food Prep

No change in my weight this week. I followed the 21 Day Fix plan for a few days but then kind of let loose on my birthday weekend and indulged in some treats. I did exercise two mornings, but I wish it had been more.

Lbs Lost So Far: 12
Lbs Left To Lose: 15

I've been thinking a lot about why I'm not losing weight and I think part of it is a medicine that I take. I began taking some medicine for anxiety towards the end of my pregnancy and I have a feeling it is causing me to hold on to weight. I am in the process of weaning off of it so I'm hopeful that my weight will start to come off. It is frustrating when I am doing all the right things and the scale isn't moving!

On Monday our fridge was well stocked with produce, thanks to a trip to Costco and the Farmer's Market. So I got to work doing some food prep.

I often want to grab something healthy to eat, but I'm put off by the thought of washing, chopping, etc, when my kids are screaming and it's the witching hour before dinner. So I washed and prepped a ton of fruit and veggies, as well as boiled eggs and a couple mornings worth of chia seed pudding. Making dinner the last couple nights was SO much more enjoyable when I could just grab produce out of the fridge. I made a stir fry using brown rice ramen noodles from Costco:

And another night I roasted a sheet pan full of squash, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. Topped with garlic, oregano and parmesan, and it was so delicious!
Do you ever do meal prep? I don't do it every week, but I do appreciate it when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment