Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My Bad Sleeper

I recently asked my sister how her baby Lyla was sleeping. She replied that she had slept through the night the previous night, so sleep was going pretty well. Ever since Lyla was born she's been the "bad" baby, while Jenna has been the "good" baby. Lyla reminds me a lot of Ryan as a baby. Colicky, grumpy, and a bad sleeper. So when my sister said she had slept through the night, it suddenly dawned on me that our babies had reversed roles. Now I have the bad sleeper!

I can't remember the last time Jenna slept through the night. She goes to bed around 8pm and then she's usually up an hour later. And then around midnight, and then somewhere between 4 and 5. Every once in a while we get a night where she's up every hour or two. I can generally nurse her back to sleep but it is still exhausting.
So what happened to my good sleeper?? I think I've created a habit by nursing her to sleep. And I'd like to start the weaning process sometime in the next few months, so we're going to have to figure out a way for her to fall asleep without that. I've tried letting her cry a bit, but it wakes up her brothers. And when her brothers don't get good sleep at night....watch out! The next day is a nightmare.

One thing that works sometimes is to talk to Jenna over her baby monitor. She's such an obedient little girl that she will often lay back down when I tell her "lay down Jenna!". However, she pops back up a minute later and starts crying again.

I want my good sleeper back!

No comments:

Post a Comment