Tuesday, February 16, 2016

21 Day Fix Grocery Haul and Meal Plan

Today Adam and I are beginning our second round of the 21 Day Fix. We have attempted to do this a few times since our first round in September but each time our kids ended up getting really sick so we wimped out. This time we are committed! We went shopping yesterday at our local Savemart for all the healthy food we need for the week, and I made a loose meal plan. I thought I would show you all what we eat while doing the 21 Day Fix. It really isn't too different than our normal meals, although it is a bit heavier on vegetables and proteins, and lighter on carbs and dairy. Here is what we bought for the week.....I lost the receipt but our total was right around $125.


Produce: Red Grapes, raspberries, bananas, cuties, Fuji apples, granny smith apples, grapefruit, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, lettuce mix, garnet yams, bell peppers, carrots, onions, tomatoes.
 Proteins/Fats: 3 lbs chicken breast, pork tenderloin, turkey lunchmeat, hummus, grass fed ground beef (This was the ONLY ground beef they had at the store! I don't normally spend this much on beef, but I justified it because my friend's brother owns this company and I feel good supporting them)
 Dairy: Whole Milk (for kids), full fat plain yogurt, full fat cottage cheese (check ingredients....some cottage cheese had weird things added!), parmesan cheese, 18 eggs
Treats: Each of us chose a "treat" food, since this was the last night before our healthier eating. Ryan chose a pizza for dinner. Lucas chose snapea crisps. Adam and I chose ice cream to share. I also bought granola bars for the boys and iced tea and mints.

So here is what we will be eating this week on the 21 Day Fix plan. Any foods you see listed that are not shown above were foods I already had in my pantry or freezer. I may have to go back to the store for more produce at the end of the week.

Breakfasts: Adam and I will rotate between oatmeal with peanut butter and fruit, and scrambled eggs with sautéed veggies and fruit.

Lunches: Typically leftovers for Adam and whatever I can scrounge together for myself.

Snacks: Boiled eggs, apples and peanut butter, cottage cheese and fruit, raw veggies with hummus, yogurt.

Dinners:
Tuesday: Salmon, whole wheat couscous, cauliflower, salad

Wednesday: Unstuffed cabbage with ground turkey, yams

Thursday: Pork Tenderloin, Red Potatoes, Broccoli

Friday: Beef Tacos with corn tortillas and lettuce/tomatoes, bell peppers

Saturday: Baked chicken, brown rice, roasted carrots, salad

Sunday: Mahi Mahi, frozen green beans, quinoa

It's a pretty basic meal plan for me, but I find that sticking to simple meals makes things easier for me while doing the 21 Day Fix. It is easier to portion out our proteins, carbs, and veggies when they are all cooked separately. I will definitely use some fresh herbs and spices to make things tastier, because we certainly don't want to be eating bland boring foods. And a little parmesan goes a long way towards making things taste better!

So there is our 21 Day Fix Grocery Haul and Meal Plan. Hope you enjoyed reading about what we're eating for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment