Friday, January 15, 2016

Stitch Fix Review #21

I took a couple months off from Stitch Fix to focus on Christmas and spending my money on others. Then January rolled around and I had some Christmas cash burning a hole in my wallet.....so I scheduled another fix! Receiving a box of Stitch Fix clothes is such a fun treat. Back when the weather was just turning colder, I was really excited to wear all my warm sweaters, jeans and boots. Pulling out my clothes at the start of a new season is kind of like getting a new wardrobe. But now that we are a few months in I must admit I'm getting pretty tired of wearing the same things over and over. The clothes in my closet that looked new and fresh back in October are now looking kind of drab and boring.








For this fix I requested a great fitting pair of jeans. I asked for either skinny jeans or boot cut jeans. I also asked for long sleeve tops or sweaters to layer or wear alone with jeans. I also mentioned that I would prefer tops be slightly more form fitting. I know the oversized loose look is very in right now but I think these styles have a tendency to make me look and feel sloppy and frumpy.






Referral link! https://www.stitchfix.com/client/referrals/3168832







My note from my stylist Heather reads: "Hi Stephanie! I hope this fix helps you have a fashionable start to the new year! I found you a great pair of skinny jeans to try by Mavi. They have some stretch like your Liverpool jeans, so I sent them to you in a smaller size. If you need to exchange them for a different size, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! Since you requested some more fitted pieces, I found you the Market & Spruce top with its fabulous teal color that will compliment your complexion and it's fun side zipper that will add some spice to your winter wardrobe. Wear it with the jeans and some ankle boots for a date night with your husband! The Absolutely sweater and the Pixley sweater will be perfect for layering with your jeans and your olive Sweet Rain vest from last January's fix! Do you have any style resolutions I can help you with this year? Enjoy! Heather


This month's stitch fix fashion show brought to you by Jenna destroying my nightstand and then looking cute and innocent when I confronted her.


Galena Side Zipper Knit Top by Market and Spruce



While this top was a pretty color and it had a very cute zipper detail, it was a little too fitted. It was the type of material that is quite clingy, and I just don't think my post-3 babies body will ever be suited for clingy clothing. It also accentuated my large chest and I just wasn't comfortable in it. Status: Returned



Freida Skinny Jean by Mavi



In my notes to my stylist I mentioned that I am in between my typical size 8 and a size 6. Since I seem to have so much trouble with my pants sagging, I was glad to see she sent me these jeans in a size 6. They fit well when I put them on, but after wearing them a very short time I was already finding myself yanking them back up to my hips. My official theory on why jeans never fit me properly is this: my waist is extremely short for my height and my hips sit very high on my body. So a typical mid-rise pant sits more like a low-rise pant on my body because of where my hips are. And because pants always sit below my hips, they have nothing to help hold them up. I have no idea if this makes sense, but I'm wondering if higher-rise jeans would stay up on my body. These Mavi jeans were nice but pricey, and if I'm going to buy pricey jeans they better stay on properly! Status: Returned



Borrego V-Neck Sweater by Pixley





This is a cute versatile sweater that feels incredibly cozy and soft. The sleeves are a bit long but I can deal with that. It looks like a navy blue with pink stripes, although it is listed as purple on my price sheet.  I tried it on under my green cargo vest, as well as my blue puffer vest. It looked nice with both of these, as well as under my army jacket . The style card that came with it suggested wearing it with white jeans, a denim jacket, and white converse type sneakers. I own all these items, so im excited to try this combination. The sweater also looked great with my grey pair of jeans that never seem to look right with any of my tops, so that sealed the deal. It was a keeper and I have already worn it! Status: Kept

Edmond Henley Knit Top by Market and Spruce




I always seem to get a 3/4 length Henley top in my fixes. While I think this style and neckline are very flattering on me, I just don't need a top like this right now. For one thing it is freezing outside. This black and white pattern is also almost identical to the maxi dress I kept from one of my summertime fixes. This top didn't excite me (or spark joy......anyone read that book?) so back it went. Status: Returned



Jimean Pullover Sweater by Absolutely







When I got a peak at this sweater sticking out of my box, I was intrigued.  It was a little bit unique and I liked the slightly faded look of it. As I tried it on I thought I would definitely be keeping it. Adam really liked it and it looked great under my military jacket. However....something about the fit just didn't look flattering to me. I think it was a combination of the wide stripe across my chest and the higher neckline. I went back and forth on this one. At one point I had decided to keep this one over the other striped sweater. But ultimately I went with the sweater I felt more comfortable in. Am I crazy for giving this one up? Status: Returned




Try Stitch Fix for yourself with my referral link below!
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3168832








No comments:

Post a Comment