Thursday, May 22, 2014

13 Week NT Scan

Today I had my NT scan, which stands for Nuchal Translucency. This is an optional ultrasound done between 11 and 14 weeks to check for any chromosomal abnormalities in the developing baby. I had some problems in the beginning of my pregnancy with Ryan, so at the time we opted for this extra ultrasound just to ease our minds about his development. We ended up finding out his gender at that early stage of my pregnancy! So of course we chose to do this ultrasound again when pregnant with Lucas. And once again we were told it was a boy!

This 3rd time around I was SO excited. I was really hoping to find out the gender, and of course to be told my baby was healthy. Here I was this morning at exactly 13 weeks, eager to get some good news.
 
The great news is that the baby looks perfect! Everything is developing as it should be. The not so great news is that the baby barely moved during the ultrasound, so the doctor couldn't even get a peek to determine the gender. I was disappointed, but I know finding out the gender was not the point of this ultrasound. So the suspense will continue for another 7 weeks!

1 comment: