Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ryan: 3.5 Years

Dear Ryan,

Happy half birthday! You are 3 and a half years old now, and I feel like you have changed so much just in the past 6 months. What's new since you turned 3? You potty trained, started Awana, learned how to ride your first bike, and recently started going to preschool 1 day a week.
You are still very shy and reserved. You always hang back and observe a situation before talking or participating. You are like this no matter where we go, even if it is somewhere you have been many times, such as Sunday school, or a friend's house, or even with close relatives. People always comment that you are grumpy or tired. While you do often come across as grumpy, I think it is sometimes just you being shy.

I have noticed lately that you are very different when you have my attention and your brother isn't around. You listen really well and are fairly obedient. You can be such a sweet little boy when you choose to be! But when your brother is awake and wanting me, the jealousy and acting out begins.

You eat a little better these days. We can usually get you to try 1 bite of something you don't like, such as a fruit or vegetable. But that's it. Your list of foods you will eat is still extremely limited. Healthy foods that you will eat include peanut butter, bananas, apples, and salmon.

You have become very affectionate lately. You constantly ask to be held, and when you sleep in our bed at night, you wrap yourself around me. You tell me you love me all the time, and are always wanting to give me a hug and kiss. I'm going to be sad some day when you won't do this!
Although we do have some really difficult days with you, for the most part, I am really starting to love this age. You are approaching an age that is more independent and agreeable, but not old enough to lose your sweet boyish naivity.

You are still a small boy. I have been searching for a pair of 3T jeans that you will fit you without falling off, but so far I have been unsuccessful. Last month at the doctor you weighed just over 30 pounds.

You have definitely inherited some of your Daddy's strengths. You are incredibly good with tools. You have never been taught how to use them, but you know how to take things apart with a screwdriver and put them back together. You are excellent at driving your large John Deere truck around the yard, and you are extremely coordinated and agile.
I love you so much Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment