Saturday, January 12, 2013

Who's Afraid of the Wolf?

The Wolf.

He is talked about so much in our household these days that he might as well be a member of the family.

It all started one night when I was trying to get Ryan to fall asleep. I told him the story of the 3 Little Pigs. When I told him about the wolf, he seemed a little unsure about him because he sounded kind of scary. But then he fell asleep.

Oops, I accidentally scared my child to sleep.
Hmmm this could work to my advantage.

A few days later I "scared" him to sleep for a nap. I told him that we needed to hide from the wolf. We hid in his bed together and I told him the story again until he fell asleep.

I was beginning to really like the wolf.
Sometimes the wolf is mentioned when Ryan won't get into the car to go somewhere. "Oh Ryan, I think I see the wolf! Quick! We better get into the car!"

Nowadays the wolf tends to come visit our house around 1pm. I "see" him outside and Ryan and I hide from him. And wouldn't you know it, sometimes he falls asleep!
Ryan doesn't seem like he's really afraid of the wolf, but more views it as a game. He loves to whisper "The Wolf!! Hide! Hide!" And then he drags the nearest blanket over to hide under.

So really, I have nothing to feel guilty about. Ryan loves the wolf!
At least that's what I'll be telling myself as long as the wolf gets Ryan to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment