Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weighty Wednesday: Real Calories

I've been eating more real foods lately. For example, after reading about the benefits of eating full fat dairy here, I've switched to full fat plain yogurt and am considering drinking lowfat milk instead of my typical nonfat. Healthier for me, but richer in fat and calories, and thus not ideal for losing weight. Unfortunately real foods still have real calories. I will need to find a good balance between eating real foods such as cream and butter, and other real foods, like fruits and vegetables. Just because a food is good and natural (like cream) doesn't mean I can eat copious amounts of it and still expect to lose weight. Although I have to say I am excited to put organic half n half or cream in my coffee each morning, rather than the artificial coffee creamer I used to buy!

One more pound lost this week, so I must be doing something right!

Week 31
Lbs Lost So Far: 23
Lbs Left To Lose: 2

Goals: One goal this week is to make my own salad dressing. I have leftover glass bottles from the organic half n half I bought that will be perfect to keep salad dressing in. My other food goal is to eat 5 servings of fruits/vegetables every day this week. Filling up on these foods first should help me to eat less of the more fattening foods. Also, because the weather is a bit warmer, I plan on getting out on more walks with my boys. Only 2 more pounds to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment