Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lucas: 7 Months

Dear baby Lucas, you are changing so quickly these days that I fear I won't be able to call you a baby for much longer!

7 months is a really great age. I am loving this stage right now because you are generally happy, not mobile enough that I need to chase you around, no defiant behavior yet, and less crying and more sleeping than previous months. All of that makes for a happy baby and a happy Mommy!

This past month you were focused on moving. You scoot/crawl all over the place and now that you are mobile, all you want to do is wiggle around and explore. Changing your diaper has become a serious wrestling match!

The only time you are still is when you are sleeping, and praise the Lord, your sleeping has been great this month! (Except for those two weeks of being sick). Ever since I let you cry yourself to sleep, you seem to really understand that you can fall asleep on your own. You take a morning and early afternoon nap of around 45 minutes to 1.5 hours each, and sometimes a little catnap in the late afternoon. I try to put you to sleep at night between 7:30 and 8pm. On a good night you will sleep about 6 hours before getting up to nurse and coming into our bed, and then you are awake again by 6:30 to nurse and get up for the day. How did I get so lucky?

You are eating 3 solid meals a day now, as well as nursing around 6 times in a 24-hour period. New foods for you this month were berries, turkey and chicken. You make the craziest faces when I feed you and I can't figure out why! (Obviously this picture isn't a good example, but you just have to trust me)

We bought you a doorway jumper for Christmas and you love it! You enjoy jumping so much now that you jump in my arms, in your exersaucer, your highchair, and while nursing. It's so funny to watch!

Your hair has continued to lighten since birth, which is exactly what happened to your Daddy's hair when he was a baby. Guess you'll be pretty handsome if you take after him! I haven't noticed any birth marks yet, unlike your brother and Mommy, who have 2 each.

Your personality has been really mellow lately. You are pretty quiet most of the time, although Ryan can definitely make you laugh by simply being himself. You love looking at people's faces and smiling in response to attention.
I love you sweet baby Lucas! (Also known as Lukey Luke or the Lukester)

Outtakes:


No comments:

Post a Comment