Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Weighty Wednesday: Meal Rut

2 more pound lost this week! I'm not quite sure how this happened, but I'll take it! Among the foods I ate this week were bacon, garlic fries, funnel cake, a deep fried navajo taco, and cinnamon rolls. Good grief!

Week 12
Lbs Lost So Far: 14
Lbs Left to Lose: 11

Goals:
What I eat for breakfast definitely seems to dictate how I eat for the rest of the day. If my morning meal is missing fruit or not very healthy, I tend to eat poorly throughout the day. But if my breakfast is healthy, it just seems easier to carry those good habits into the next few meals.

My "go-to" breakfast is a piece of whole wheat toast or a multi-grain waffle, covered with peanut butter and sliced banana. Oh and of course a cup of coffee. Every once in a while if I'm feeling wild I'll eat a boiled egg with toast and fruit, or maybe oatmeal. Lunches are always leftovers if they are available. If we don't have leftovers, I have a hard time coming up with lunch.

My goal this week will be to come up with new meal ideas that are healthy and filling, particularly for breakfast and lunch. Any ideas?

I'll leave you with a picture of my dinner from last night. I never have a problem coming up with new dinners. I rarely make the same thing twice! (Most aren't this fancy though. Many nights I can barely pull together spaghetti)
This is Cod served over brown rice, cooked with tomatoes, garlic, onions, white wine, broth, parsley, lemon juice and slivered almonds. Served with brussel sprouts and a salad. It was good until I stood up halfway through dinner to get something for Ryan and the dog started licking my fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment