Monday, June 11, 2012

Mommy Recovery

So far recovery for me is a lot easier and faster this time around! With Ryan I was so incredibly sore from giving birth. I remember going for a walk around the block when he was just a couple weeks old, and afterwards it literally felt like my insides were going to fall out. Not true this time around! Today is day 8, and we actually went for a short walk today and I felt great.

My muscles have been very sore, but that is already a million times better than just a few days ago. I must have used every single muscle in my body to push out Lucas, because I even broke blood vessels on my back, face and shoulders. Up until a day ago I wasn't able to pick up Ryan. Now, other than a constant back ache, I am almost pain free.

Another postpartum symptom I experienced after both births was chills and a low grade fever. Sometimes I would get the shivers so bad that my whole body would shake uncontrollably. It felt like I was suddenly getting the flu. Thankfully the fever and chills have passed. It's so strange how our bodies recover from childbirth!

After having Ryan I almost completely lost my appetite for a few weeks. I had no desire to eat more than a few bites at each meal. I am happy to say that I have a normal appetite this time. I am no longer ravenous like I was while pregnant, but I have the appetite for 3 regular meals and sometimes a small snack. After 1 week I have lost 25 pounds, and although I still have about 30 more to lose, I am happy with my body's progress so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment