Friday, June 15, 2012

Blessed with Food

We are so blessed. Since Lucas arrived we have had dinner delivered to us at least every other night. It is such a relief to have a couple weeks off from cooking! We have had dinners cooked for us by my fellow MOPS Moms, as well as people from our church, friends, and family. I get so excited to try other people's cooking because it gives me ideas for what I can make once I'm back in the kitchen.

So far we have had: Chicken Sausage "tacos" with sauteed spinach, tomatoes and cilantro yogurt sauce, Roasted Chicken with Rice and veggies, Tater Tot Casserole with Salad, Meatloaf with Corn, Bread and Ice Cream, BBQ Chicken with Pasta Salad and Strawberries, and Chicken Stir Fry with Brown Rice. Such a variety of healthy and delicious meals!

I've been so spoiled with these meals that it's going to be hard for me to start cooking again. I still have 3 freezer meals that I prepared while pregnant, so that should help with the transition. Now I'm looking for some easy dinners that I can make with one hand. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. The crock pot is your friend! Check out all the crock pot recipes we've put in the What's Cooking docs, and also pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made a stuffed peppers recipe because I loved the one you made for us :)

    ReplyDelete