Friday, June 1, 2012

39 Week Appointment

I had my 39 week appointment with my midwife this afternoon. Everything is looking good! My blood pressure was good, baby is still  head down and low, and I actually lost 5 pounds this week. Here are my stats:

Total Weight Gain: 49 lbs
Blood Pressure: 128/77

I am 4 cm dilated, which isn't a change from last week. But I am now 75% effaced, which is the thinning of the cervix in preparation for labor.

The midwife predicted that this baby will not be as big as Ryan was. Her estimate is that he is somewhere between 7 and a half and 8 pounds right now. I don't really understand how they make these "estimates"....they seem more like blind guesses to me.

Once again she warned me that my labor will likely be much quicker this time. I'm hoping for a speedy labor, so that makes me happy! However, I don't want to give birth in the car on the way to the hospital, so we'll have to make sure we go to Labor & Delivery once things really start happening. I am having a tiny bit of cramping right now, so this might be our big weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment