Sunday, April 12, 2020

Coronatine Spring Break

We have just ended our week of Spring Break, and honestly the days kind of all blended together! I took some pictures but mostly just tried to enjoy all the free time with the kids. 

The week started off with ping pong in the dining room because....why not?
Adam has had this tricycle in the garage for a while and he got it in good enough condition for us to ride around the block,
 We walked along the trails of a local park one day and discovered a bridge
 And a creek
 Andrew was fascinated by the muddy water and a leaf.
We have truly been blessed with perfect weather! (Apart from a big storm lat weekend....which honestly I thought was pretty perfect too because I love thunderstorms!)
I told Jenna this is what I used to do with my big brother's skateboard, so she did the same. Sit on it and roll down the driveway!
 One day I took Ryan and Lucas on a bike ride and we stopped to watch some baby sheep.
 And then they had to climb this wall.
 Chalk art! Our kind neighbors gave us some painter's tape, so we did the newly-popular chalk art in our driveway.
This was how the kids listened to Bible stories one night. Do anyone else's couch pillows end up all over the house?
 A sweet moment!
By Thursday we were truly low on food. It had been almost 3 weeks since I got groceries. We received a Safeway delivery but only got about 1/3-1/2 of the food we ordered. So I braved the store on Friday and came home with enough food to hopefully last us through April. Safeway sent someone else out with more of our groceries later that day....and then again on Saturday. We still never quite received everything we paid for, but after 10 phone calls and a $25 credit, I'm giving up.
 Friday we went on a neighborhood scavenger hunt.
Here is the list we used if you want to try it! (Lucas was super in to it!)

Saturday was a day for painting nails in the driveway.
 Adam worked on his bug all day. (It was his 39th birthday!!)
 Poor Lucas got stung by a bee on the bottom of his foot.
 And then we dyed Easter eggs!
 And Adam was in his happy place.
 We celebrated Adam with a special dinner from Buca di Beppo.
So much food. It was our first time ordering food from a restaurant since this whole craziness began. We probably won't do it again anytime soon, but it was nice to get the night off from cooking!
I made Adam a chocolate peanut butter pie.
Sunday morning we woke up to see the Easter bunny had come! Each of the kids got a new book, water bottle for the summer, some candy, and a small toy. (Boys got these)
After watching church on TV we had an indoor egg hunt! Not quite the same as the big one we usually do at my sister's house, but I think the kids had a lot of fun.
 Afterwards we used our new spray chalk in the driveway.
My sweet mentor mom from Mops had brought us this beautiful rocky road chocolate egg, so we cut in to it and took turns trying it. It reminded me a lot of the fudge my parents used to make at Christmas time!
We spent most of the afternoon playing tennis outside with Grandma Jan. I think I'm ready for the pros.
We ended Easter with a very non-traditional dinner of carne asada tacos. Tomorrow it's back to the grind of distance learning online.

No comments:

Post a Comment