Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Coronatine Days 17-18

Day 17 Monday - Monday morning was spent doing lots of schoolwork. I caught this guy reading a book on his inflatable chair in his room, looking very cozy.
 Daddy pile!
 The afternoon included a bike ride around the neighborhood.
While I made dinner the kids were jumping in the trampoline, but it was too close to our wooden pergola post. Lucas got pushed in to the post and hit his head pretty hard. He had a pretty big bump for a while.
We BBQ'd burgers for dinner. I'm running low on groceries so I'm trying to be creative and frugal with my ingredients. We didn't have buns, so I made homemade hamburger buns. They turned out pretty good! Some raw veggies and a can of clearance baked beans I found in the back of my pantry....and dinner was served.
Andrew ate an entire burger!
 As we were finishing dinner we heard a commotion out front. One of neighbors had their son arrive home from a missions trip, and their church members drove down our block, honking and yelling and welcoming him home. We watched the parade go by for a while and ended up staying out front to play catch. (I'm so sad my boys are missing their baseball season)

Day 18 Tuesday - Our morning started out focused on school, but evolved into creative cardboard play.
 We spent our "recess" making cardboard sandals
 And full outfits
We struggled to get back on track with our work, but we eventually finished. While Andrew napped, Jenna and I watered her herbs
And then planted potatoes! I didn't want to go to the store to buy vegetable plants, so I researched what we could plant with what we already have. According to what I read, we should have a harvest of potatoes in about 100 days. Crossing my fingers we did it right!
 We went on a really long bike ride mid afternoon. They are building a ton of new houses up the hill from us, and it was fun to see the progress. The sky was blue, the sun was shining and the air felt so fresh.
Our bike ride included lots of hills, and I was so proud of Jenna! She does really well on her bike, and she only broke down and cried once. It was seriously a workout!  This guy rode in style.
We spent a solid hour before and after dinner trying to get a splinter out of Lucas' foot. It was stuck in very deeply, and we ended up letting him soak it in water while we ate dinner.

I made a batch of brownies to eat after dinner....but shhhh they contained black beans!

That evening the kids colored while we read from the Bible and then from the book Matilda. We are almost done reading it, and plan on watching the movie once we're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment