Saturday, April 4, 2020

Coronatine Days 19-20

Day 19 Thursday - My Thursday began at 5:45 when my alarm went off. I had signed up to do an online Yoga class led by a friend of mine. Unfortunately, I had major insomnia that night and only slept a couple hours. The yoga was great for about 15 minutes until Andrew woke up and screamed at me. He then proceeded to climb all over me until I had to give up on yoga.
 Started our day off with breakfast and the Bible.
I feel bad for Jenna because she used to get so much more of my attention. Nowadays I have to focus a lot of time on Ryan and Lucas' online learning, and she ends up getting the just a few minutes of my time. Today I made a point to sit down with her and work on her reading practice. We also just ordered some beginner reader books from Usborne and she is SO excited to get them and start reading.
 Stacking towers with Jenga blocks is educational, right?

Day 20 Friday - Lucas was working on an insect project that involved painting part of an egg carton. I let the other kids take a break from math and we had an impromptu art class.

 My neighbor gave me sourdough starter so I got to work "feeding" it. Luckily I still had my King Arthur crock from years ago when I used to have a starter. (Sadly I killed it)
Friday means a picnic lunch in the backyard! I have decided that if we have to be quarantined at home, Spring is the perfect season. Not too hot and not too cold.
 We got a frisbee stuck in the tree so the whole family had to climb the tree to get it down.
 Friday afternoon we went for a bike ride. It was nice until Lucas got a flat tire and had to walk home.
Technology is just not my friend. We have a "smart" TV but every time we try to use our free trial of Netflix, or cast a show on to the TV from my laptop, there is no sound.

I tried to figure that out while reading an email from our principal. School is officially at-home through the end of the school year. When I told my boys they both cheered. Ha!
Ryan was a smarty-pants and he plugged my laptop into the TV, so we were able to watch Onward on our TV using my Amazon account on my laptop. We celebrated the end of the week with spaghetti, salad, and freshly baked sourdough bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment