Monday, April 1, 2019

Nice Spring Weekend

I just love Spring weekends. I think they're my favorite kind of weekend. Not too hot and not too cold. They usually include baseball, indoor spring cleaning during rain showers, and extra time spent outdoors when it's sunny. 

This weekend began on Friday with cold temps and me in my athleisure clothes, cleaning the house. I just love how soft and stretchy this pullover is.
Friday nights are our family movie nights. Right before dinner Jenna and I headed to the local store to rent a movie.
 We ate hot dogs and watched Ralph Breaks the Internet. I almost fell asleep on the couch by 8pm.
Saturday morning we managed to stay in bed until 7am! Then the morning was a whirlwind of showers, getting baseball snacks together for Lucas' team, a visit from my Mom, and then getting all the kids ready for an afternoon of baseball. Saturday mornings are typically our "clean the entire house" day but I had done a lot the day before in anticipation of a busy weekend.

Ryan's game was first and he got a rare chance to pitch.
 He did so well!!
If I were on the pitchers' mound and all eyes were on me, I'd be so nervous. But Ryan handled it like a pro. His pitching was a million times better than last year.
 The boys had some great fans cheering them on.
 
 Lucas' game started halfway through Ryan's game.
So we sat in between the fields and tried to watch both boys. At one point both Nullmeyers were up to bat at the exact same time, so I was swiveling my head back and forth.
Go Lucas! (All morning Lucas said he wasn't going to play his game. He pouted and cried. But we lured him to the field with promises of snack shack food, and ultimately he played and had a lot of fun.)
 After their games the boys each had a friend come back to the house.
I made salsa chicken tacos for dinner and once the kids were going to bed, I was able to slip out and go to my friend's house down the street. A few leaders from MOPS were gathering to play games and share appetizers, and I'm very appreciative that I could go.

Sunday morning was a scramble to get to church by 9am, but we made it! There was gnashing of teeth, whining and crying. Why is it so hard to get my kids places.....once they are there they always enjoy themselves! Anyone else have this issue?
After church we came home and ate lunch in the backyard. My kids are obsessed with the disc swings they got for Christmas.
After I got Andrew down for a short nap, I tried to head out for a quick run. Run Rocklin 5k is this weekend, and I don't feel at all prepared for it. But my kids caught me and asked to come along. I gave in. Ryan, Lucas and Jenna rode their bikes around the school campus while I jogged 1.5 miles in circles around them.
 Afterwards I showered, did laundry and dishes, and tried to meal plan for the week.
 But I ran out of time because Emma came over at 4pm to babysit. Adam and I were going to see Cirque du Soleil Crystal on ice! This was our belated Valentine's date.
The show was in downtown Sacramento. It was quite different from other Cirque shows, but still pretty spectacular.
Adam's favorite act were the hockey players who came out and did some incredible jumps and flips in their hockey gear. Of course one gymnast did a handstand on top of lots of chair above the ice. No big deal.
It was so nice to get away for an evening. We came home and got the kids to bed before enjoying a late night soup and salad from Olive Garden.
What a nice spring weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment