Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Easter Weekend 2019

Our Easter Weekend began on Saturday afternoon with some egg dyeing.
In hindsight I should have boiled a bunch more eggs, because it was over too quickly.
 The kids had a lot of fun though. Andrew in particular enjoyed dropping the eggs into the colors.
 Even my big almost-9-yr-old had fun. He made the best looking eggs.
After that we got all cleaned up and headed to the Easter Service at our church. Our church is big so they offer a few different services on Saturday and Sunday. I didn't want our Easter morning to be rushed and stressful, so Saturday service it was!
 Sunday morning we woke to see the Easter bunny had come!
 The kids each got a small gift and a little bit of candy.
 Then we (excluding Ryan and Lucas) enjoyed some beautiful boiled eggs for breakfast.
 Isn't this one pretty!?
 We changed and headed over to my sister's house. Jenna wanted to take a selfie:
 And then she insisted on taking a picture of me.
 They do an annual Easter egg hunt outside with some of the neighborhood kids.
 My kids were ready!
 The little kids got a minute head start.
 And then the bigger kids quickly caught up!
 I think Andrew's candy bag weighed as much as him!
 I forced Adam to take a picture and act like he likes me.
 My mom and sister. Aren't they beautiful?
 We ate a delicious ham lunch and then the kids played. Can you guess who built their play structure?
 Jan made a delicious cake for everyone.
 More play time.
Adam and I played Apples to Apples with Ava, Lucas and Ryan. I would like to note that we must have played 30 rounds and I never once won. Ha!
We ended our Easter at home reading this book with our kids. Our kind neighbors gave it to us, and it goes through the birth, life, and death of Jesus Christ. Of course the ending is the best because Jesus rose and is alive!
Happy Easter to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment