Monday, October 15, 2018

October Weekend

Our weekend began on Friday at 1pm when Adam unexpectedly walked in the door, home from work early. We took advantage of the early day and beautiful weather, and took the kids to a local pumpkin patch around 3pm after school.
 We had the entire place to ourselves!
 We played cornhole
 Jumped
 Dug up corn kernals
 And picked out pumpkins!
This place had a vegetable garden and each child got to fill a small bag with veggies for $1. I thought this was so fun!
Friday night is typically our family movie night. While the kids began their movie, I finished dinner in the kitchen and Adam made a big batch of popcorn. I also made 2 batches of rice krispie treats for Ryan's baseball team....so basically our kitchen was a huge mess.
Dinner. Once I sat down and ate dinner around 7pm, I realized how tired I was. I began to get a headache and my eyes were burning. After we got the kids to bed I climbed into bed myself. I was asleep by 9pm!
Jenna was up at midnight screaming because her ear was in pain. Poor girl has been in pain for an entire week now. I never knew swimmer's ear was so bad!

Saturday morning we were all up by around 7am. I fed all the kids while Adam got ready to take Ryan to his game at 8:30. I stayed behind to finish getting the team's snacks ready. Then I got myself and the 2 littles ready and we headed over to the game at 9:30.
 With snacks for the Brewers
 I got there in time to see Ryan hit a double! He played a great game.
Back at home Ryan immediately changed into his pajamas and played some video games. After we relaxed for a little bit I made lunch for everyone and put Andrew down for a nap.
The baby cried for a solid 30 minutes but then he fell asleep for an hour!! Adam and Ryan went to get their flu shots (the rest of us already got ours). I had Lucas and Jenna start on chores. We folded laundry, swept, vacuumed, did tons of dishes, and picked up toys.
The kids finished their chores and decorated their tiny pumpkins.
I also mowed the lawn and gave my plants some water. In addition to my vegetable garden, I have succulents and a few potted herbs. I have mint, basil and parsley, but I'd also love to grow cilantro and oregano. Adam talked about building me a potting table to put my herbs on, so maybe that will be a future project.
At around 3pm Adam and Ryan returned home. There was some wrestling on the floor....
 And then we fit Ryan into the laundry basket.
 He managed to get out of the basket and make weird faces with me.
We bathed all 4 kids and got them in the jammies and drove them to my parents' house around 5pm. And then Adam and I went to Loomis Basin Brewery for a belated anniversary dinner!!
 My handsome date:
I didn't take a picture of our food, but it was delicious! We shared the Cuban Sandwich and the brisket nachos. The place was packed (it's tiny) and very loud, but we had a lot of fun going out on a rare date without the kids.
Once we got the kids to bed I spent about 10 minutes making a meal plan and placing an online order for groceries from Sprouts. (I got free delivery as a first-time guest.) Then Andrew woke up screaming.

Sunday morning I made oatmeal for Adam and I.
 The kids had granola. Notice the almonds Lucas picked out of his granola and lined up on the table?
We headed to church and barely made it on time at 9:01.
Afterwards we came home and the kids played outside while I cleaned up the kitchen and made 6 lunches.
 And Adam watched the hockey game.
After lunch I put Andrew down for a nap. Adam went next door to help the neighbors with something, and the boys got a little video game time. I used this time to blog. At 1pm our groceries were delivered!

2pm - I sat down with Ryan to work on his book report. We lasted about 45 minutes until he was DONE and needed a break.
Meanwhile Adam did yardwork outside with the little kids. He was also on the roof at one point trimming tree branches, and I had no idea.
After a while of doing yardwork and playing outside, we got a big surprise. Our neighbors rescued a large tortoise from the main road near our house. They drove by and put him on our lawn. He loved our grass!
 And then the kids got spoiled with ice cream truck treats.
The rest of the afternoon was spent in the backyard. We had a visit from Grandma Jan as well as our neighbor and her little boy. Afterwards we ate big bowls of soup for dinner.
After quick showers we played Rummikub before bed. All in all a fantastic weekend!

1 comment: