Friday, July 6, 2018

Randomness From The Week

It's been a random week full of fun, sickness, celebration, and silly quotes. Towards the beginning of the week a few of us were sick, so we mostly stayed home. The kids played in our backyard a lot because we now have a small above-ground pool! It's only 8 feet wide but it is surprisingly roomy enough for an adult and a few kids. It's going to get a lot of use this summer!

 "Peppa Pig is doing a burnout!!"
One morning I brought the broom in from out front (we had left it outside overnight) and started sweeping the kitchen. A minute later a frog jumped out of the top of the broom, onto my hand, and then proceeded to hop around our kitchen floor! Later, after we caught him and let him to outside, I commented that he had felt very squishy. Ryan promptly replied "No Mommy, you're squishy!"
Jenna got her first "big-girl bike" and she practiced riding it while we waited for fireworks to start.

Riding her bike like a pro!
I was talking to the kids about our upcoming vacation to Bear Valley. I was pondering out loud whether we would be eating out a lot, or if we'd have access to a local grocery store. Lucas very seriously asked me "Are we going to have to hunt animals??"


Yesterday I had a terrible migraine and I relied on Ryan a lot to entertain his little siblings in the morning. The 3 boys sat down and played with hot wheels together and it was just so cute. Ryan is starting to phase out of the hot wheels stage, so I loved seeing him play with them again.
Today I asked the kids who wanted to spend some time at Grandma's house while I begin packing for our trip. Lucas and Jenna said ME ME! Ryan was quiet, so I asked him if he wanted to stay with me instead. He said "Well I don't want to hurt your feelings. I'd like to go to Grandma's, but I don't want to leave you all alone. Then you won't have anyone to spend Mommy time with!"

1 comment: