Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: Frustration

I'm feeling frustrated tonight. When I weighed in this morning my weight had not budged from last week. No gain and no loss. Ok technically it showed a half pound gain but I'm just going to ignore that.

I'm frustrated with how I've been eating lately. I am beginning to realize that I am somewhat of a stress eater. When I am overwhelmed by my kids' behavior or just stressed out by all I need to do as a mother of 4, I want to eat. Grabbing a cookie (or two) sounds like a nice little break when I am feeling low on energy. Or just feeling low. And by golly, I deserve it. Right?

There is nothing wrong with eating a cookie. But for some reason I have been getting stuck in the "all or nothing" mentality this week. I have eaten too much sugar today....may as well eat some more and start fresh tomorrow! These little mind tricks keep happening over and over. I think lack of sleep is also a contributor to all of this. And as a result the numbers on the scale aren't moving very much.

I absolutely know what to eat, how much to eat, and when to eat. I know how much I need to be exercising and moving my body during the day. What I can't seem to find is the discipline and motivation to follow through. So right now I am feeling very frustrated with myself.

PS: I recently picked up these chocolate fudge bars and they are amazing! Fairly low in sugar, only 60 calories, and their first ingredient is banana! They are perfect when I want something sweet without going back for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment