Monday, November 21, 2016

Jenna: Two

Happy 2nd Birthday Jenna Mae Nullmeyer! These past 2 years have been so special getting to know my little girl. You are so easy to love.

You are a very smart girl! You recognize some colors now, such as blue, pink, purple, yellow, and red. You also love to read books, and you can tell me everything that is on each page. I will often find you sitting in your room looking through your books by yourself.

And you say absolutely everything! You will literally repeat anything we say. And it's not just that you repeat things, but you comprehend almost everything we're talking about. We will often not even be talking to you, but you are listening very closely to us. If we tell Lucas to go get his green cup and he doesn't listen, you will get up and go find a green cup for him. If we tell everyone to get their shoes, you will get yours as well as your brothers' shoes. The other day I was going to the bathroom (just #1!) and you were watching me. When I finished you said "Mommy did the baby come out?". You astound me every day with the things you say!

You adore singing, and being sung to. Some of your favorites are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the Star Wars Theme Song, and Wheels on the Bus.

You love being in on the action with your brothers.




You are always playing with them, inserting yourself into everything they are doing. And they love taking care of you. The novelty of having a little sister doesn't seem to have worn off yet.

You are still a pretty great eater, although you are getting more picky. Some of your favorites right now are cucumbers, ranch or onion dip, ground beef, sausage (saw-saw), chips, smoothies, oatmeal, French fries, broccoli, apples, eggs  and any kind of dessert.

Most of the time you are such a sweet happy girl. But lately you are showing some of the typical "terrible 2's" behaviors. You have tried hitting a little bit, and you've started saying NO when I ask you to do things. You've also had a few tantrums and timeouts. You've mastered the pouty face.

I think you are almost ready to potty-train! You love sitting on the potty and practicing. You will always tell me when your diaper needs to be changed, and just the other day I caught you climbing up on to the changing table by yourself.

You don't seem to be as shy as Ryan, yet you aren't quite as attention-seeking as Lucas. You go into the church nursery really easily now and you love playing with other kids. However, you can be shy around people you don't know well, and you definitely prefer Mommy over anyone else. At home with us you can be SO loud!

Your sleep is pretty predictable. You usually sleep from approximately 8pm until 6am. However, you have been putting up a fight lately at bedtime. As I type this at 9:30 at night you are still up, refusing to go to sleep. Your naps are usually around 1.5 hours. If you sleep long enough you wake up really happy. But about half the time you wake up really grumpy and sensitive, and it can take over an hour for you to act like yourself again.

Sometimes you seem like a little mini-Mommy. You love helping me with sweeping and dishes. And you are very nurturing. When someone gets hurt you are the first to rush over and say "Are you ok?", followed up by a hug and an "awwww".

You are still our palest child, with almost translucent skin! You have fine, wispy strawberry-blond hair. I keep waiting for it to get thicker but so far it seems pretty thin. You have small feminine features, and everything about you just seems very girly to me.

God may have only given me 1 girl, but He sure gave me a very special one! I love you my sweet Jenna Mae. Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment