Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Happy Birthday Mom!

My Mom and Jenna share a birthday of November 21st. This year my Mom had a very special birthday.....her 75th! I knew that deserved something a little more special, so I planned a surprise party for her the day after Thanksgiving. It was a week of celebrating around here!
My sister came over with her family, and my brother drove up to help us with the surprise.


We celebrated by watching old photos of my Mom, which was really fun to see.

My Mom is on the left....she has 3 younger sisters. It was fun to see pictures from the 1940's!

Can you believe this is what she wore to a high school prom? Looks like a wedding dress!

My Mom is on the left. You can see her little sisters and my Grandma on the right. (My Grandma is currently 98!)
Her hair! This isn't even as long as it got. She grew it down to the backs of her knees.

Isn't she pretty with my brother and sister?
 And with baby me!
 I love this one because it looks like something from The Sound of Music.
Ok back to the party. I made a Pecan Pie Cake for my Mom, since I know she loves pecan pie.

It was a fun afternoon celebrating my Mom. She is such a special woman who has taught me so much about being a mother and a Godly woman. She has always been such a steady presence in my life, serving her family selflessly. We are blessed to have her in our lives as a Mom and Grandma. I love you Mom! Happy 75th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment