Monday, August 22, 2016

Little Miss Observant

I don't know if it's a toddler thing, a girl thing, or a Jenna thing. Probably some combo of all 3. But seriously, Jenna is just so observant and helpful these days! My boys were NEVER like this. (And they still aren't). I know I've bragged about this before but she just continues to amaze me with the things she notices.

For example, if I call out to the kids "It's time to go, get your shoes on!", Jenna will immediately head to the shoe basket and put on her shoes. Then if my shoes are laying around, she will bring them to me. If she notices the boys aren't moving, she will go bring them their shoes. I love it!

Tonight at dinner we had just sat down to eat when Jenna started saying "Mommy cup? Mommy cup?" I was the only one at the table without a drink, and she immediately noticed. Talk about observant!

Speaking of dinner, Jenna will ask me for a wipe if she makes a mess on her tray. And she will always point out a mess on the floor if I'm sweeping and I miss it.

The other night I was saying "Boys put your dirty clothes in the hamper. Boys put your dirty clothes in the hamper". Over and over. (story of my life). The boys were in their own little boy world and didn't even hear me. After I had said it 3 times Jenna finally walked over, picked up their clothes and put them in the hamper. I may have made a comment to Adam about women just noticing things that need to be picked up or cleaned. Ahem.

There are way too many examples to list, but I think I've made my point. It's like Jenna is always listening to what I'm saying, paying attention, and noticing things that need to be done. I love having such a great little helper and I hope I can encourage her to continue this behavior!

No comments:

Post a Comment