Monday, May 11, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #15

It's time for another Stitch Fix review and I need your help this month! I can't make up my mind about a couple of the items I received, and I'm looking for some opinions on what I should keep.
You may have noticed I've been doing these reviews more frequently lately, and that's because I had a little bit of Stitch Fix credit burning a hole in my pocket. I am also still in need of some hot weather clothes, so I decided to receive my boxes on a more frequent basis. As always, if you want to try Stitch Fix for yourself I would love if you used my referral link here.
 (Once you sign up you get your own referral link to share with people, so you can start earning credit for yourself!)
 Here is the note from my stylist this month:

Hi Stephanie! I am so excited to be styling for you again! I cannot wait for you to try on the jeans I found for you by Kut From The Kloth. They are so on trend for spring with their distressed details (but no holes!) and cropped length. I like to wear them cuffed at the bottom and paired with a bright colored top, like the Priya tank by Brixon Ivy. I think you are going to really like the floral pattern on this top and the knit back makes it casual enough to wear to the park with your kids or to a baseball game. The jeans will also be fun to wear with the Sanchez top by Papermoon. I picked this top for you because I think the colors will be perfect for your complexion. The Kamile dress by Gilli is a great, casual summer dress that will be a go-to piece on hot days. Have a blast trying everything on! Enjoy! Heather
I really need to enlist Adam to take my pictures next month. These photos make most of the clothes look kind of washed out, in my opinion. Oh well, on to the clothes!

Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean by Kut From The Kloth
I was excited to try on these jeans because I've been loving all the light wash denim I've seen lately. I was also really curious to see how the "boyfriend" style would look on me. It is a slightly more relaxed fit than regular skinny jeans. These looked cute from the front but didn't flatter me very well once I turned around. They made me look a little flat and saggy, and that's not the look I'm going for! I like the edginess of the distressing. I am not opposed to wearing distressed denim, however, I didn't want any actual holes in my jeans. Unfortunately these have a pretty sizeable hole right over the knee. I'm almost positive I'll be returning these, but I will continue to ask for jeans from Stitch Fix. I have heard great things about the different brands of denim they offer.

Sanchez Scoop Neck Top by Papermoon
I like the colors in this tank top. The print is very unique and unlike anything I have ever seen. The one thing that is a bit strange about it is the hemline at the bottom. The way that it lays on my body makes it kind of stick out in places and I'm not sure it's the most flattering cut. What do you all think of it?

Priya Abstract Floral Print Knit Back Tank by Brixon Ivy
I immediately loved this shirt. I was drawn to the pretty floral pattern, and I love the mix of patterns and fabrics on the shirt. The grey knit back does make it more casual, which I really like. However, I am not totally sold on how the top looks on me. I feel like this keeps happening....the items I initially love don't end up looking the best on me. And the ones I'm not sure about happily surprise me once I put them on. Stitch Fix is really helping me pay more attention to what is flattering on my skin and body type. I need your help with this tank top. I think I need to try it on again with a different pair of jeans, maybe my darker skinny jeans. Advice please!

Kamile Jersey Ruched Detail Dress by Gilli
This dress has a lot of things going for it. Beautiful color, soft jersey fabric, and a very flattering cut. It draws me in right below me chest at the narrowest part of my body. It hides my hips well. However, it doesn't hide my post-baby belly pooch too well. It's perfect if I suck in my stomach, but once I relax it makes me look a little bit pregnant. Be honest with me here. Is the dress flattering? And is this poochy post-third-baby tummy ever going to go away?

Elaine Ikat Print Pocket-Front Knit Shirt by Market and Spruce
This top was a big surprise. I liked it out of the box but felt like the colors were a little washed out for me. But then I tried it on and loved it. It is one of those shirts that I just feel really comfortable in. The knit fabric is SO soft. And I love the unique ikat print. The colors are a salmon pink and a soft grey. I was wearing my cobalt blue jeans (first ever Stitch Fix purchase!) when I tried this top on, and I loved the two paired together. I think this top would also look nice with light wash or dark denim, as well as my white pants. I'm definitely leaning towards keeping this one.

So what do you think I should keep this month? And what kind of clothes would you request from your stylist if you were trying out Stitch Fix for the first time? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment