Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Weighty Wednesday: Week 8

My goal for this past week was to exercise 3 times. I came pretty close....I would say I exercised 2.5 times. Ha! I took two really good walks and one mediocre walk. I'm counting these walks as definite exercise because I not only have Jenna strapped to my chest but I'm pushing Ryan and Lucas in the double stroller. These days that's the only way I'm going to get any exercise in.

I also focused a lot this week on portion control. I tried to stop eating dinner before I was really truly full. Before bed when I got the urge to munch on something I just drank a lot of water and tried to distract myself. I think it's okay to feel hungry sometimes and not instantly satisfy that hunger. There's no rule that says you have to eat every time your stomach feels a little hungry. Adam definitely doesn't agree with me on this point. What do you all think?

My attention to portion control and additional exercise this week finally paid off. I lost 2 more pounds!

Week 8
Lbs Lost So Far: 18
Lbs Left To Lose: 13

I think an 18 pound loss over two months is pretty amazing, and I know I owe a lot of it to the calories I am burning by breastfeeding. I hope I can keep this momentum going and lose the rest of the weight over the next few months. My plan is to schedule an appointment to get my hair cut and possibly highlighted once I lose all my weight. It gives me a nice reward to look forward to after all this hard work. (And my hair desperately needs a trim!)

So what should my goal be for this week? What goals do you set for yourself when you're trying to lose weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment