Monday, June 9, 2014

The Plague

It's been a germy couple of weeks here. It all started two Wednesdays ago right before Ryan's big Awana graduation ceremony. He fell asleep in my arms before dinner and woke up with a fever. It lasted for a few days and turned into a bad cold.

Adam got it next, but I was confident I would stay healthy. Unfortunately I was wrong. Lucas and I got sick 8 days ago and we are just now finally feeling human again. This was a really bad cold/flu with fevers, congestion, sore throats (which I still have!), eye gunk, and horrible coughs.

Lucas was especially sick, with a fever that came and went for 4 days. Two nights in a row he was shaking uncontrollably from the climbing temperature, and that was scary to watch. He's been coughing so hard that I've been thrown up on a few times. In addition, he has a double ear infection.

Yes, it's been a fun couple of weeks. I am ready to get out of the house, put away the medicine bottles, and finally get some sleep at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment