Monday, June 2, 2014

14 Week Aches and Pains

Here I am just over 14 weeks and already feeling like a 9-month pregnancy lady waddling around. Maybe not quite that bad, but I am definitely limping for a good part of the day.

The pain started a few weeks ago in my very lower back/hip area. I emailed a midwife and she told me I was too early on in my pregnancy for it to be sciatic pain, and that I should try wearing support underwear. Talk about making me feel like an old lady! Days later it got to be so bad that I went to the doctor and they told me it was most likely sciatica. It comes and goes during the day, but hurts the worst when I put weight on the opposite side of my body, giving me a small limp.

The doctor recommended the following things: resting when it hurts, lots of warm baths, no heavy lifting, and prenatal yoga. Ha! Doesn't she know I have two little kids? I can try to do some of these things but most likely I won't be laying down to rest during the day and taking baths every night. Not unless my boys learn how to take care of themselves! She did say that while the pain will most likely last during the remainder of my pregnancy, it will probably go away once the baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment