Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lucas: Two

Happy 2nd Birthday Lucas!
If I could use one word to describe you lately it would be "animated". Your noise level, facial expressions, tantrums, laughter, and just overall attitude are all very animated.
Although the doctors say you are a little behind in speech for your age, I feel like you talk a lot! I think you just make so much noise that I may be confusing that with actual talking. You do say quite a few words, though. Your three favorite words are "ME", "MAMA" and "NO". Your newest two words are Mommeeeeeee and Daddeeeeeee!
Your tantrums are insane. They happen constantly, from the time you wake up in the morning until every night when you don't want to go to bed. You do all the classic toddler tantrum moves....screaming, kicking, biting, crying, throwing yourself on the floor. It's lots of fun.
On the flip side, when you are in a good mood.....you are in a GOOD mood. You can be so incredibly goofy and just watching you makes me laugh! You can turn anything into a game. One of your new favorite activities is spinning around in circles and then falling on the floor laughing. Adam's one word to describe you is "goofy".
You have a personality that really seems to embrace life and jump into situations. (Literally! You will climb up and jump off of just about anything. No fear!). You like loud noises and seeing or hearing new things makes you curious, rather than fearful. I think you are going to be the type of person who leaps first and thinks later. Totally opposite from your Mommy!
Your relationship with your brother can be very sweet, although it has its ups and downs. You and Ryan play a lot more together these days, zooming your cars around the house. You also fight a lot and almost anything can turn into a competition between the two of you. I must say, you are often the instigator, stealing Ryan's toy or hitting him if you don't get your way. I can't really leave you two alone longer than a few minutes without some sort of fight breaking out. Can't you just learn to get along?
You are such a picky eater. I didn't think it was possible to have a second child just as picky as the first, but you prove me wrong every day at mealtime. Some of your favorite foods include anything sweet, crackers, fruit pouches, and muffins. Oh yes, and whipped cream.
Some of your favorite things include being naked, dancing to music, Thomas the train, and being held by me. Things I love about you include your eye color (blue with a large ring of gold/hazel in the center), and your fun-loving, happy-go-lucky personality.
I love you so much my happy Lucas. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment