Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Weighty Wednesday: Sidetracked

I got a bit sidetracked this week. Things were going okay for a day or two. Then I woke up on Friday with Mastitis. And subsequently lied around feeling horrible, eating whatever I wanted. We relied heavily on fast food for a couple of days. And I ate dessert. And then ate it again. And I was too sick to take walks. And I ate some frozen yogurt because my body needed the good bacteria restored after taking antibiotics. Yep, that's why I ate it. And some random girl came to our front door selling donuts. Obviously we bought them. And ate them. Translation? Zero time spent on losing weight and being healthy. I don't feel guilty one bit though, because sometimes things happen and we just get sidetracked.

No weight lost, but hey! No weight gained back either.

Week 5
Lbs Lost So Far: 5
Lbs Left to Lose: 20


Goals:  My goal this week is to just get back on track. Start going for walks again, cut back to one dessert per week and eat more fruits and veggies. I know I keep repeating myself, but I don't want to add on a new goal until I can maintain the current ones.


1 comment:

  1. I'll grant you that it's hard not to be distracted when some girl is coming to your door to sell you donuts--that's pretty out of the ordinary! However, these sorts of "sidetracks" will come up all the time, especially with things like feeling horrible.

    Tony Robbins explains that a need for comfort and certainty is one of our basic human needs–so if you go home and know you can dissolve whatever issues you had during the day through eating, the need is met. However, we can get caught in an unhealthy cycle where we know what we’re doing isn’t helpful for weight loss, but keep doing it out of want for that comfort. Take a look at the video in my link. It does a great job explaining our different needs and how those sorts of habits develop–and more importantly, how to stop the difference between what we know we should do and what we end up doing.

    Best of luck on that last 20 pounds! You can totally do this.

    ReplyDelete