Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weighty Wednesday: Caloric Math

My body definitely got the memo this week that I'd like it to lose weight a little faster. I lost 3 pounds this week! I'm not quite sure why I had such a big loss. I did go on more walks this week. And these days I just don't have the chance to eat a lot. Meals are quickly eaten with one hand. The evenings are so filled with baths and tending to crying children that a bedtime snack for myself never happens anymore. (This was a regular snack time for me during my pregnancy). So I guess it's just a simple formula of fewer calories in and more calories burned.

Week 4
Lbs Lost So Far: 5
Lbs Left to Lose: 20

I did great with most of my goals. Drank lots of water, ate fruit, walked a lot, and only had dessert once. ( It was a big handful of chocolate chips. Not even a worthwhile dessert.) I didn't do so well with my vegetable intake so I need to keep working on that. Eating vegetables just doesn't appeal to me unless it's with dinner. 

My new goal for this week will be to eat meals at the table instead of on the couch. It's convenient for me to eat in front of the TV because I can nurse Lucas while Ryan and I eat. But I don't want to get in to the habit of always watching TV during meals, so I'm going to make an effort this week to at least eat dinner at the table every night. I think this will discourage mindless munching, and encourage more family time.

1 comment:

  1. my tips for eating more veggies are having raw veggies cut up ready to go in the fridge, and having yummy dip! I love hummus, which also gives some added nutrition (unlike ranch dip... another fav!)

    Also, a little bowl of cherry tomatoes sitting on the counter encourages me to pop a few in my mouth every time I go to the fridge!

    And having ready to eat salad mix to make a quick salad or to stick in a wrap :) (cucumber or pepper sticks go well in a wrap too!)

    ReplyDelete