Thursday, February 16, 2012

24 Week Firsts

Sorry no 24-week belly pic! The only human being I saw today was Ryan, and he's not so good with the camera yet.

A few pregnancy firsts from this week:

~I got my first pregnancy leg cramp today. Holy heck that hurt!! I used to get leg cramps a lot before I had children, but I don't remember them being this awful. I actually tried to close my eyes and pretend I was in labor and see if I could relax and breathe deeply through the pain. Nope, didn't work. I wanted to scream.


~It has finally happened. My very first stretch mark. Two of them, actually. Right in the front of my belly, about 3 inches below my belly button. I can barely see them right now but I know they will get worse. I was so lucky not to get any with Ryan. Why now??

~I think I also got my first braxton hicks contraction this week. I never had these with Ryan. All of a sudden my stomach felt really strange, like the baby had moved and was pressing outward. When I felt my stomach, it was rock hard, like during a contraction. Kind of scary, but also exciting that my body knows what to do to prepare for labor.

1 comment:

  1. Those leg cramps are awful! Like a large animal taking a bite out of it. And since they happen most while you are sleeping, it's almost the worst way to wake up. (If it happens again, i found that reaching down and stretching out my foot made the cramp go away quickly. But my belly was so big it was hard to reach down...)
    -Adina

    ReplyDelete