Monday, November 14, 2011

Nully Baby #2

In case you didn't figure it out from my last post, another little Nullmeyer Baby is due next year! (June 15th is the approximate due date). It has been SO hard to keep this a secret from everyone, since I've already known for 6 weeks. Because I had some complications in the beginning of my pregnancy with Ryan, I was a bit hesitant to share the news right away this time.

But the good news is that we saw and heard the baby's heartbeat last week! What a wonderful sound! It was hammering away at 160 bpm. Everything looked great, and there was no ominous dark blood clot on the ultrasound this time around.

So how have I been feeling? Here's a little summary from the first few weeks of my pregnancy.

5 weeks: I don't remember having any symptoms this early on with Ryan. But this baby is a different story! I am nauseous off and on all day. I'll eat something, and within 1-2 hours my stomach will feel sick and empty. I have to snack throughout the day to help with the nausea, but certain foods will sound good one minute and horrible an hour later. It's hard to eat a healthy diet right now. In the afternoon the fatigue hits me. From about 1-4 all I want to do is lay around and do nothing. By early evening I have enough energy back to do a little cleaning and cook dinner. But then by 9 I am ready for bed.
6 weeks: The nausea is still going strong! I have this new thing where I can't eat anything twice. I used to be the queen of leftovers, eating them every day for lunch to avoid wasting food. But now I can't even look at something if I've eaten it in the past week. Today I ate Taco Bell (gasp!) for lunch because everything in my refrigerator made me want to throw up.

7 weeks: Headaches and tummyaches! I have had a headache 3 times this week. Probably because I've been cutting back on caffeine, but they seem to be the kind that won't go away unless I go to sleep. And we all know that doesn't happen much! I was also sick this week, so this was generally just not a good week. Adam thinks I'm starting to "show" a little bit. I told him it's just some extra fat from all the snacking I've been doing. I have been getting a stomach-ache almost daily. Not sure why.


Now that I'm about 10 weeks along, the nausea is starting to fade. I still get a weird taste in my mouth after eating, and certain foods just taste "off". Example: this morning I made whole wheat pancakes and they tasted like soap. I can feel my energy starting to return, but I'm still taking advantage of every little break I get to sit down and relax more than usual. Growing a baby is hard work!

5 comments:

  1. I seriously think you are having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like how I felt with Susannah- I'm guessing girl too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You need to get another ticker up! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a girl as well as soon as I read week 5 I was like I bet its a girl. Congrats dear!

    ReplyDelete