Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ultrasound Results!

Baby Nullmeyer is 100% a BOY! Just in case we had any doubts, the ultrasound technician provided us with not 1, not 2, but 3 pictures of his "boy parts". But let me back up....

The ultrasound scan lasted 1 full hour because our baby was so squirmy! Seriously, he would not stay still for more than a couple seconds at a time. The technician was getting frustrated, and she kept calling him our "busy baby". I guess that's a good thing! (As long as he calms down by the time he's born. Baby, are you reading this?)

After she confirmed that he has all the necessary parts and he's developing properly, she brought Adam in and showed both of us our squirmy baby on the screen. It's absolutely baffling to me that he moves sooo much, and yet I can't feel a thing! Not even a flutter. =( He kept flipping over on his tummy and covering his face with his arm. I really wanted to see his face and time was running out! Finally, he posed for one profile picture before doing a somersault away from the screen.

I'm in love. =)

A few people have asked if I am going to get a 3D/4D ultrasound done. I'm still undecided, although I think it would be totally fun. I'm just afraid he would look a little weird and dare I say, creepy? I was told to wait until I'm at least 24 weeks, because then the baby has a little more fat on him, and therefore looks more like a real baby. What do you all think?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Steph, I am so happy for you and Adam! And your active, little baby boy =) I don't know about those 3D/4D ultrasounds. The ones I've seen were pretty weird looking, but I've only seen a few. Regardless, he looks like a cute little baby in this ultrasound picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I'm so excited and can't wait to meet this little boy!!!!!! You already know my vote for the 3D/4D :o)

    ReplyDelete