Sunday, November 29, 2009

O Christmas Tree.....

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Ever since I can remember, it has been a tradition in my family to cut down a Christmas tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I'm sure many other families have a similar tradition. We don't just go to a nearby lot and pick out a 6-or 7 foot tree, though. No way! We drive to the Santa Cruz mountains and cut down the best looking 12-foot tree we can find. See, my parents have cathedral ceilings in the living room, which allows us to bring home such a large tree.

I've been doing this for so many years now that the thought of bringing home a fake tree or even a fresh one from a local lot just seems wrong. (Although we will unfortunately have a tiny fake tree this year at our condo, due to lack of space) But for my parents' house, it must be a genuine tree freshly cut from the mountains. So yesterday, with my sister and her kids along for the ride, we drove down to Santa Cruz to find the perfect tree......

My sister and I in our vests. Have to look cute for the mountains!



There were so many of us we had to take 2 cars. Adam and I somehow ended up with 3 munchkins in our backseat.

It was cold in the mountains! We all bundled up.



My Dad was in charge of the saw......

After searching high and low, we found the perfect tree!
Adam and Josh broke a sweat cutting down the tree.


While the women supervised! (Took pictures)



Do you think it will fit? Adam doesn't.
Peek-a-Boo!

Samantha posed for yet another picture for her Aunt Stephanie.


We made it home without getting pulled over!


What a fun morning! The only problem is that the tree is actually 14 feet. And my parents' ceiling is 15 feet. Yikes!

On Tuesday Adam and I go to the Dr. for my "big" 20-week ultrasound where we will hopefully know the gender 100%. Can't wait! I will be back with a recap, and hopefully an ultrasound picture.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, Samantha looks too grown-up, I don't know how I feel about! Hmmm, Christmas traditions...I think my favorite is going to tea every year with my aunts and female cousins. I always look forward to that. Wow, that is a huge tree by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, feel about that! I left out the "that" =) I hate typos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I know....she's a very old 14-year old! But still very sweet (most of the time)

    ReplyDelete