Saturday, November 21, 2009

Exercise

Hello readers! Today is just a lazy Saturday, full of laundry and errands. Nothing too special going on this weekend, except we are getting our brand new KING mattress delivered tomorrow! Can't wait to sleep on a comfortable mattres!

So I've been thinking a lot lately about exercise. I've never been the athletic type, and therefore exercise has never been something I really looked forward to or enjoyed. But before getting pregnant, I was training for a half-marathon. Although it was hard, it made me really proud of myself, and I felt good getting out there (most days) and being active.

But since becoming pregnant? Well, let's just say the word "exercise" is no longer in my vocabulary. And I feel guilty about this. During my first trimester I did have a valid medical reason to not exercise. But now that my complications have cleared up, I am more than capable of getting out there and being active. There's just always something more pressing to do. Such as making dinner, doing the laundry, doing something on my laptop for work, SLEEP. I don't want to use being tired as an excuse, but I'm tired!

I need to do something, though. Right now the only activity I do is walk my dog most evenings. But I only last about 20 minutes before I'm done. I've heard that exercising during pregnancy can be a big help during labor and recovery afterwards. So what should I do? Any suggestions for how to get started?

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! My wonderful mom turns 68 years young today. =) Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Take one of those yoga classes for pregnant women. That should be a very helpful class and easy to do while you're pregnant. And Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete