Monday, December 14, 2009

Clever Title

Adam bought our son his first gift and it came today!

Awwww so cute, right? My friend Lisa made a comment this weekend about how our baby will come out of me holding a wrench in his hand. If he's anything like his Daddy he just might!

This weekend I was busy making Christmas cookies. I give them out to many many people, so I make a TON of cookies. Evidence below: (This isn't all of them!)


The trainer from Barkbusters came over on Saturday and talked to us for about 1 hour. Riley was of course on his best behavior the entire time. He even fell asleep in my lap while she was there. Totally cute and innocent. But then when she got up to leave Riley lunged at her ankles and tried to bite!

Part of me is secretly glad he did that, so she could actually see firsthand what we're talking about. She said it is immediately apparent that Riley doesn't respect me as much as he does Adam. Not in the sense that he would try to hurt me, but that he thinks he can get away with more naughty business when Adam's not there. Hmmm I don't know where he got that idea, but I plan to do whatever I need to do to establish myself as his "pack leader". We're still deciding whether or not to sign up for the Barkbusters services.....

I will leave you with a family recipe for beef stew, since that is what I'm eating at the moment. It has been cooking in our crockpot all day, and now our house smells so good!

Mom's Beef Stew

1-2 lbs beef stew meat

1 can tiny peas (optional) (I don't like peas, so I usually leave them out)

1 large onion sliced

1 cup sliced carrots

2-3 large potatos, diced in large cubes

1 bay leaf, salt & pepper

1 can tomato soup

1/2 can milk

Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low heat for up to 10 hours.

I don't have a picture, but just trust me. It's GOOD.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha oh my God I'm surprised I didn't have that shirt as a baby.
    I'm sure that, like I was subjected to, your kid will basically spend all the time after he's able to walk "helping" Dad in the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I was just telling my dad about my one and only car chase in Adam's mustang. Remember in high school, it was Adam, you, Chris, and me? Adam revved his engine while passing some guy's car, not knowing the guy was in it and the guy started chasing us. It's funny now looking back, but scary at the time =) I'll have to tell your baby when he's old enough, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura, unfortunately I do remember that incident. I also remember that it was my 16th birthday! So special =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, somehow I forgot that part. What a birthday!

    ReplyDelete