Monday, December 28, 2009

Adam Got Kicked!

That's right.....our little baby kicked his Daddy yesterday! For the past week I've been telling Adam whenever I feel the baby kicking, but every time he places his hand on my stomach, he stops. Or he will start out on the left side, but when Adam tries to feel him there, the baby somehow jumps over to the opposite side of my stomach. He's a quick one, that baby.

So on Sunday morning right after waking up, I was feeling a lot of movement, and this time Adam felt it too! He was able to feel 3 good kicks before the baby calmed down.

I think this kind of thing makes it more real for the Dad-to-be. Because for the most part, it's the woman who experiences all the symptoms, both good and bad. Sure, the husband experiences some of the effects of these symptoms (listening to his wife cry, going out for ice cream at 10pm on a cold winter night). But he doesn't really experience pregnancy like a woman does. And no, I have not made Adam get me ice cream at 10pm yet. I was thisclose to asking him the other night, but instead satisfied my ice cream craving with a mug of cocoa.

So I guess my point is that feeling the baby kick was a cool experience for Adam. I just can't wait until we both get to meet our little guy in person! I can't wait to see what he looks like. So far we know this: he will be white, and he will have blue eyes. Doesn't he sound adorable?? =)

I just made homemade macaroni and cheese using this recipe from Ina Garten. I was craving some warm comfort food for dinner, and had a block of Gruyere in the fridge. Now I just have to wait 20 more minutes for it to be ready......so hard!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! That has to be really weird feeling a baby moving around inside you. I'm so curious to know what that's like!

    ReplyDelete