Friday, March 27, 2020

Coronatine Days 10-13

Okay the days are really starting to run together. I see all these people posting about Netflix shows they're watching with all this extra time, and I'm like.....I barely have time to use the bathroom. Homeschooling takes up our entire morning, plus a little after lunch. Then I'm scrambling to catch up on all the household chores I neglected while doing school. Then there's the 3 meals a day plus snacks for everyone. Oh and I have a million fun things I'd like to do with the kids at home like special art projects, fun outside play, cozy family read-aloud time.....I just can't find the hours or energy for everything! Basically the house is a mess and I'm being pulled in a million directions. But we're trying to make the best of it! I'm so thankful every day we wake up and we're all healthy and together.

Day 10 Monday - Did I mention that I'm in the middle of potty-training this guy right now?
I was about to get mad at Lucas for getting distracted from his schoolwork when he showed me what he had been working on:
 The two littles put on a musical performance for us.
 And then everyone joined in outside.
 Followed by bike riding.
 Batting practice
 And a lost tooth!
 We ended Monday with many many rounds of Dutch Blitz.

Day 11 Tuesday - Adam was home from work this day so I assigned him to science.
 Jenna is learning all about the human body!
That night I was feeling restless. I think it had been 10 days since I had left the house. So I proposed we go for a "drive".
 We drove out by Levee Road on the edge of Roseville. We saw the brightest rainbow! Seriously, I couldn't get over how vivid the colors were. This photo didn't properly capture it.

Day 12 Wednesday - I think this was the day homeschooling went really well. At the end of the morning I felt like "yeah, I could totally do this". I'm enjoying seeing exactly what the boys are learning, and I'm enjoying learning right along with them! I am now an expert on quadrilaterals and the civil war.
 Jenna built a bed for when her baby cousin Callie comes over. I didn't have the heart to tell her it may be a while!
 Jenna suddenly loves legos! She built lego butterflies all week long.
 That afternoon we went on a long bike ride with Grandpa over to the local junior high and high school. We didn't touch anything....just lots of riding around.
 Followed by some sidewalk chalk.
 Wednesday night we enjoyed a yummy taco salad for dinner.

Day 13 Thursday - Ryan and I did a practice test for geometry, and I made him this little cheat sheet to help him (and me) remember a few things.
We made a double batch of banana bread with all our brown bananas. I'm trying to get creative with our food!
Thursday morning was kind of a mess. I had a headache that got progressively worse as the morning went on. I ended up laying down and turning on TV for the kids, and Ryan had to just wing his homework on his own.

I felt a little better by the afternoon so Andrew and I painted in the backyard. It was extra special when we started hearing thunder!
 We ended the day with a Hallmark Channel mystery and a fire in the fireplace.
 Which led to some marshmallow roasting!

How are you all feeling? Do you feel like you have lots of free time or are you overwhelmed with all your new responsibilities? Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment