Monday, December 2, 2019

Thanksgiving 2019

Thanksgiving 2019 was a great one! Adam's brother and family arrived late Wednesday night and settled in with us for a couple days.
In preparation for Thanksgiving I brined our turkey. It was all going well until I tried to pour the brine liquid into the bag over the turkey. I got about half the liquid in when the corner of the bag dipped down and tons of brine liquid went all over me, the floor, inside my drawers, the countertop, under the sink......it was a sad mess. I recovered from the trauma and sanitized the kitchen, and come Thanksgiving day we had a nicely brined turkey ready to BBQ.
 Aren't they a couple of cute 12 year olds?
 My Mom with Ryan.
My parents and my sister's family came over to enjoy the feast. The only person we were missing was Grandma Jan.
 Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, green beans, stuffing, sweet potatoes.....am I missing anything?
Somehow we fit all 21 people in our house. It was especially nice to see Samantha and Josh because I don't get to see my adult niece and nephew much these days.
 We can't wait to meet our new niece sometime this month!
 These two girls are always together.
Dessert time! We had 3 kinds of pie as well as some Fall cookies. Everything was so delicious and I now have a new appreciation for my Mom's favorite pie, Pecan Pie.
 The kids ended the night by making a gingerbread turkey.
What a nice Thanksgiving we had. So much to be thankful for as we approach the end of 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment