Monday, December 30, 2019

Christmas 2019

Well that was a long blog hiatus! I took an unintentional break from my blog and tried to just enjoy the Christmas month. And to be honest, once my kids were off from school I was basically a human ping-pong ball, trying to take care of them and get ready for Christmas. Nothing else fit in to my schedule.
On Christmas Eve we attended church. Somebody was being a little grump! And yes, he is wearing slippers. Somehow we could only find one shoe once we got to church.
Afterwards we did the traditional drive around town looking for dinner. (My brother's birthday is Christmas Eve, and I have many memories of looking for dinner and settling on Chinese food because it was the only thing open.) Thank goodness In-N-Out was still open after church this year!

At home we settled on the floor by the tree and watched a beautiful video rendition of Jesus' birth.
 Christmas morning!!!
 We had the kids open their stockings one at a time.
 Youngest to oldest.
 Action shot, of course.
 Santa always brings some fun stocking stuffers!
Oh my goodness, so many presents! That big red Santa bag in the front contained a bunch of new board games/card games for the kids. We've been playing them all week.
 Pausing to enjoy her new Squashmallow pillow.
 Andrew got some zoo animals, so everyone had to play.
 Praise Jesus for hockey!
 My parents stopped by later in the morning while the kids opened presents from them.
 My Dad, the photographer.
I discovered something new about Ryan this year. We let the kids do a secret-santa gift exchange (he picked Andrew's name). Ryan was SO into it. He was the first to pick out his present. And every time we went to the store he wanted to spend his money on gifts for other people. I think Ryan really enjoys giving gifts. He was excited for me to open this big box from all of them (a new entryway light!)
Ryan got a cool inflatable chair for his room.
Lucas is holding his new "stress man" that he is supposed to squeeze when he gets angry.
Jenna is in love with her very first Polly Pockets!
The kids' big gifts this year were outdoor toys. Jenna got an adorable bike, complete with a basket and streamers.
 Ryan got his first skateboard.
 Lucas also got a new bike because his old one was way too small.
 And Andrew got a scooter! Although I must say, he has been complaining a lot about it not being fast enough. He tries to keep up with his big siblings but he just can't.
 Out front we tried out our new rides.
 Adam had to show off his skills. Not bad for an old guy!
 Grandma Jan came by that afternoon to open up her new outdoor electric BBQ.
 Then we all went to my sister's house.
My sister got me an Instant Pot! What do I do with it!!?
 A rare quiet moment, reflecting on his Christmas.
 Our Christmas night ended with a joyful noise of the tambourine. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment