Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Shades of His Brothers

Andrew's behavior lately is, well, shades of his brothers. He is by far the busiest toddler we have had!
He reminds me a LOT of Ryan and Lucas when they were toddlers.
Nothing holds his attention for very long...unless of course it's naughty. He can spend 30 solid minutes peeling stickers and placing them all around the house.
 He enjoys pulling floss out of its container, as well as rolling out rolls of toilet paper.
And the climbing! He can scale the kitchen cabinets and be sitting next to the knife block in a matter of seconds. Leave him alone in a room and he will empty all the drawers, bookshelves, or art supplies in a matter of minutes.
One of our current nicknames for him is "little disaster". Andrew seriously reminds me so much of Ryan and Lucas at this age. I literally cannot keep up with the messes he makes. I leave the room for a minute and come back to all the napkins thrown on the floor and an Andrew on the dining room table scribbling with markers. I use the bathroom and when I come out he has put glue in his hair and then dumped all the toothbrushes in the sink.
Shades of his brothers, I tell you. He jumps from one messy activity to the next, destroying things in his path. I had a break from this type of behavior for a while with Jenna, because she has always been more calm and focused. But my boys.....whew! They're definitely keeping me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment