Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Try New Foods and Jenna's Day of Eats

The other day Jenna and I were talking about the weather and how cold/rainy it was. When she looked outside she got a sad look on her face. "But Mommy! Now we can't sit outside together and eat salads!!" During the warm months I like to eat my lunch in the backyard sun, and Jenna got into the habit of sitting next to me and stealing some of my food, typically the cucumbers from my salads. So I told her we could still eat together, only inside.....and maybe soup instead of salad.

Jenna has always been my best eater, in that she will eat a good variety of foods. We are betting she will be this month's try-new-foods winner.
So when she asked to take a picture of her breakfast today, I told her we could show everyone what a good eater she was. So here is everything she ate today! And she ate a lot....

Breakfast: A tiny bowl of plain oatmeal topped with frozen wild blueberries and peanut butter. Plus a little cup of milk.
Then she had 3 small bowls of raisin bran.

Lunch:

Garbanzo beans, cucumbers, carrot and Italian dressing. Plus some leftover shredded pot roast meat, and a star cookie for dessert. She also had some elderberry syrup.
After:

After preschool she told me she had "Grapes, popcorn, water and cheezits!"

Snack: Plain full-fat grass-fed yogurt topped with some maple syrup. (2 small bowls of this)
Then she had some salted sunflower seeds.
And half a blueberry fig bar.

Dinner: Honeydew melon, crispy potatoes, and a ground turkey/cheese taco in a fresh tortilla I cooked on the stove. She then had another half of a taco filled with the same ground turkey and cheese mixture. (We called it chorizo, but it was really just ground organic turkey, chili powder, cumin, oregano, apple cider vinegar, and a little bit of salsa verde all mixed together)
She was lacking a bit in veggies, but honestly I feel like this was a great day of eating for her! If I shared what my older boys ate I would be so embarrassed. Maybe I should do it sometime soon just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment