Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Family Weekend

Whew, I sure am having a hard time finding time to blog these days! We had a great time last weekend spending lots of time with family. So of course I took a few pictures.

The boys look forward to the weekend because it is the only time we allow video games. First I made them each clean up a room, and then I let them play Super Mario Bros.
 While I enjoyed a nice Saturday morning breakfast! I used a paleo pancake mix and topped it with plain yogurt and blueberries.
 Adam was working this Saturday, so I was thankful when the kids played nicely for a while with minimal fighting.
 I love seeing their creativity!
 We went out front for some fresh air
 Bike riding
 And baseball practice
I got the kids dressed for church and Jenna just happened to notice she was wearing the same head bow as in this photo 4 years ago!
 How did she get so big!?
 Andrew was convinced this was a picture of him. (It's baby Lucas)
We zipped through Safeway for some groceries, dumped them at home
 And somehow I got all the kids to 4pm Saturday church!

 Sunday morning started with story time in our bed.
 And then we packed up and drove 2 hours to Brentwood to meet our new niece Callie Rae Nullmeyer!
 She is SO cute!
 The kids loved their new cousin.
 I think Jenna really wants a sister now.
 We got back to Rocklin just in time for cousin Lyla's 5th birthday party.
 Happy Birthday Lyla Joy!
Monday morning Adam was back at work but the kids were off for the holiday. Jenna was excited to try her new squishy soap-making kit, and Ryan was sweet enough to help her.
 He also built a binocular from a toilet paper tube.
 Our neighbor gave us these giant inflatable discs and the boys had a ton of fun with them.
My Dad came over and played with the boys for a while so I could get stuff done around the house.
 Adam got home just in time to have breakfast for dinner with us!
 Why do I feel like all I do is feed people??
We ended our 3-day weekend with some family reading. Hands-down my favorite part of our day. We just finished the Boxcar Children and now Adam is reading the Indian in the Cupboard to the 2 older boys.
 This guy provided plenty of bedtime entertainment for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment