Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Cook Once Eat All Week (Review #2)

After I recently reviewed this new cookbook on my blog, many of you were interested in learning more about it. So when I cooked out of this book again last week, I snapped a few photos to share.
I jumped ahead to week 4, which featured ground beef, Yukon gold potatoes, and broccoli. Again, very simple ingredients that combined to make some delicious dinners.
 On my prep day I had time to do about 3/4 of the prep. I rediscovered my love for roasted broccoli in the process!
 Who knew roasted potato wedges are just as good reheated in the oven a couple days later?
Our first meal was bunless bacon burgers with potato wedges and roasted broccoli. We loved it all. Everything had great flavor and I didn't miss the bun at all.

Night 2 was a cottage pie. In an attempt to get my kids to eat it, I left out the veggies and instead served them on the side. I also subbed in chicken stock instead of wine, and I think as a result it wasn't quite as good as it could have been. I mean, we still ate it. But it wasn't my favorite meal of the week. Just tasted a little one-note.

Our third meal were these picadillo tacos. They were really tasty! They contained ground beef and diced potatoes cooked in a yummy picadillo sauce that I had prepped ahead of time.
This week I was once again blown away by how 3 humble ingredients can make up 3 very different dinners. Because of my prep day, dinner came together very quickly each night with minimal dishes! I have a bunch of other weeks flagged to try, so I plan on continuing to cook my way through this cookbook, perhaps every other week. Let me know if you try this cookbook for your family!

Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites

No comments:

Post a Comment