Thursday, February 28, 2019

Andrew: Two

Happy 2nd Birthday Andrew John Nullmeyer!
You are such the typical 2-yr-old. You make giant messes everywhere you go, scream and lay on the floor if you don't get your way, and then make all of us laugh with your cute silliness.
Andrew, you love playing with your big siblings. Given the choice, you will almost always choose them over me. (I would say your closest buddy is Lucas)

Unless they aren't here....then you're stuck to me like glue. You aren't good about playing by yourself yet, so you can be incredibly demanding of my attention.
You love wearing hats. I think this is so funny because you are my first child who will gladly keep a hat on your head. Again with the messes....you leave a trail of hats and other accessories everywhere you go. At least they look good on you!
Just yesterday you saw the boys getting ready for school and immediately found a vest and sunglasses. You ran up to me and said "I ready to go!"
You pretty much talk constantly and say everything. Some of your favorite things to blurt out are: "Diarrhea!" "Waboom!" "Mine!" "Run around" and "What the heck?"
Unfortunately you are a terrible sleeper. You slept in our room for the first year and a half of your life, and I think that set you up for some bad sleep habits. You start the night out in Lucas' room on the bottom bunk, but end up in bed with us every night by around 10pm. You still depend on nursing to get back to sleep, so nights are long and tiring. You nap on your bunk bed during the day for about 20 minutes, and that's it.
Your hair was a bit of a mess the other day (thanks to Mommy cutting your hair), so I took you for a real haircut. Before:
 After:
You are very loud and crazy at home, but more quiet around strangers. However, you easily go to the people in the nursery at church! They always comment on how sweet and snuggly you are.
Likes: Singing, Playing Ball, Wearing other people's shoes, jumping in the trampoline, cheese sticks, eggs, fig bars
I'm pretty sure you think you're a real baseball player. You adore playing ball with the boys! I took this cute video recently:

Dislikes: Having covers on you, being left out of fun, getting out of the bathtub, apples
We are entering the world of potty-training and I am praying you pick up on it quickly! At least you're stylish while learning.
You have a very special bond with Grandpa. Maybe you can sense your middle name was named after him? When he comes over you immediately ask to be picked up, or if he is sitting you will fling yourself on top of him and snuggle up, sometimes falling asleep.
You recently started giving me hugs and telling me "Love you". And just this week you picked your first flower for me.
Drewski (or Tiny Toots, as Daddy calls you!), I think watching you as a 2-year-old is going to be so much fun. You have captured our hearts and we all adore you so much. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment